Hi there! If you are here because you picked up my business card at my first art showing at Earth Tone Studios last night for the Disney Inspired Art show – please excuse the dust! For current projects and updates check out my personal instagram @pyropixie and my paper instagram @pixiecutspaper. Feel free to check back soon after i finish revamping this place!
♥ The Bird and The Bee – F-cking Boyfriend
♥ The Pixies – La La Love You
♥ ATB – Ecstasy
♥ Alkaline Trio – We Can Never Break Up
♥ Feist – Gatekeeper
♥ Type O Negative – Be My Druidess
♥ Byrne and Barnes – Love You Out of Your Mind
♥ The Raveonettes – Lust
♥ Best Coast – Boyfriend
What is your favorite song about love?
So Valentine’s Day is right around the corner – but you don’t have to have a sweetie to enjoy some of my favorite items on Etsy! I know I would be a happy girlie any of these items pleaded in my mailbox.
It’s been a while since we last spoke hasn’t it? I’m still here though. Lately I have been getting back in to reading so I figured for my first post back in a while that I would talk a little bit about what has been occupying my time lately.
The first book that I have been reading is Tell All by Chuck Palahniuk. I am a huge fan of his and I would even venture to say that he is my favorite author. I recently finished Damned and I am looking forward to the other two books in the series to come out next year and the following year. I thought I had read everything by him but turns out that I have not read Tell All. I must admit that I was not into this book when I first started reading it. Chuck has a pretty distinct writing style, so sometimes its hard to get into the flow, but when you do, it is so so good. The book is from the view point of the… assistant? I guess that would be the best word to describe her, Hazie who tends to her movie star train wreck Kathrine Kenton and her dabbles with love, pets, drugs, and men. My favorite part of Chuck Palahniuk books is that he is very descriptive without being overly wordy. So far I am about 70 pages in and addicted, I will most likely finish the rest today.
The second book I was gifted for Christmas on my Kindle called A Bad Idea I’m About to Do: True Tales of Seriously Poor Judgement and Stunningly Awkward Adventure by Chris Gethard. The book delves into personal stories about Chris growing up and is extremely relatable as an awkward weird arty person drifting through life trying to find oneself. The stories are hilariously sad, and I can’t put my Kindle down. This is the first book that I have read by him but threw it on my wish list because it was suggested by Amazon due to my love of Rob Sheffield and Chuck Klosterman – not bad Amazon, not bad at all.
And finally, I just finished reading Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh. If you are not familiar with her web comic, Hyperbole and a Half, please exit my blog and go read all of them. Most of the book is a collection of her best comics, but there are some amazing stories in there. Not only do I find that Allie has a way of saying ALL the things that a depressed person can sometimes not, its comforting to know that even in the darkest times we need to be reminded that we cannot take ourselves so seriously. The book is a fast read due to it being mostly pictures, but it is definitely on my re-read list after my mother returns it.
We also have the normal mixture of comic books thrown in there, though what I have been reading has a few missing issues here and there making all of the stories a tad bit choppy.
- Enroll in school: This has been a goal of mine for quite some time now. With my new job, my evenings are free which allows me to make some evening classes. I really want to make this happen.
- Save some money: I have no monetary amount that I am wanting to save, but having a little money in the bank will definitely be a nice little peace of mind.
- Move out: I am enjoying the rent free aspect of my life right now, as it has been a great way to get control back of my finances, but I am dying for some space of my own.
- Blog more on pyropixie.net and spoilyourdinner.com: I am trying to focus on making more time in my day to blog, as it is something I am truly passionate about.
- Create a gym routine:I have had a gym membership for cover a year, but have fallen off the wagon. I know that a lot of people have resolutions or goals that revolve around health/fitness. I honestly enjoy the gym but I get bored easily with the same ole same ole. I need to find an interesting routine that will keep me engaged.
- Become full time at work: I don’t have control over the hours I am scheduled at work, but I plan on working as hard as I can, learning as much as I can, and stepping up as much as I can to prove that I am worth working full time.
- Get tattooed: I would love to work on my left arm, but that is a large commitment and I have no interest in going long periods of time between getting tattooed. I have a lot of smaller pieces that I would love to knock out, hopefully I can cross one of these off my list this year.
- Take more pictures with my camera: There was a time when I never went anywhere without my camera. Ever since I got my iPhone I have hardly picked up my real camera. I want to take tons more pictures this year with both my digital camera and film cameras.
- Play more video games and beat them: There are lots of games that I have started but have not finished. I have also yet to 100% a game on my 360. I want to accomplish that at least once.
- Read 30 books: I have never been much of a reader, but it’s definitely something that i want to try and improve. My mom got me a Kindle for Christmas, which make toting books around much easier.
- Try one new food a month: I have been a picky eater my entire life. I think trying one new food a month j a very doable goal.
- Pay down some bills: I have been up to my eyeballs in credit card debt for years now. It has been nothing but an extreme burden and paying off even just 1 card would be amazing.
- Make a new friend: I am painfully shy. My list of friends here is very short and I would love to gather up the courage to make a new friend
- Save up for a new computer or laptop: My computer is 10 years old and my laptop died a year and a half ago. I would be content with a netbook or something of the sort. Something with a keyboard would be nice.
- Get to 1000 finds geocahing: I am just under half way there, and have hardly geocached in the last year. I used to be an avid cacher, but life always seemed to get in the way.
I am sure that I will come up with more goals, but these are a few that I have in mind. What do you want to do this year?