- I dumped the news on IG last week because I couldn’t take not talking about it any longer.
- Midnight looking ultra cute. I love when cats cover their face with their paws.
- I spent my day Saturday curled up in bed with my feline friend and watching Private Practice on Netflix.
- I started a class on Coursera – Drugs & the Brain. Its proving to be quite the challenge.
I didn’t realize how little I posted to IG this week – I guess things were not that eventful.
December NaBloPoMo Topic:
What do you consider yourself a “pro” at?
All of the topics in this months NaBloPoMo topics are in relation to work. When I glanced over the prompts and saw this first question – I wracked my brain as to what I consider myself a “pro” at when it comes to work – or anything for that matter. Upon some self reflection on the way to work I decided that I consider myself a pro at time management, creating plans, implementing procedures, and including others in the decision making process (when I can). By having multiple jobs that required me to manage my time in the most effective way possible, I had to become a master at this task. I mostly find myself making lists and using my phone to keep track of what I have going on. I often find myself pondering ways of how I can work smarter, not harder, which has lead to various procedures and plans that I have put in place at various jobs to help facilitate the flow of work.
I have had a few trying leaders in my journey – and along the way I have told myself that I do not want to be like them, and what about them do I admire and what do I not care for as a subordinate. One of my biggest frustrations was in certain instances that I or we were told to do something because they said to, with no explanation. I think there is a line between questioning authority and honestly curious about why a task is being completed or how. Because of years of ‘because I said to’ I have found myself often asking my employees or peers why we are completing this task to gain understanding or how they would improve it if they were in my shoes. For the most part, my return has been pretty successful, and I find that it helps build an environment where employees/peers feel valued and included.
What do you consider yourself a pro at in the workplace?
Tonight Richard and I are going to grab some delicious food from Chipotle, play some Lego Lord of the Rings, and hit Walmart for the midnight release of The Dark Knight Rises.
1. Decided to rock some plain black polish for the first time in a while.My pentacle ring is from The Bead Man and my aquamarine ring was given to me for my 16th birthday.
2. Starbucks sucks at spelling my name, and so does at least half of the population so I have found.
3. Panda Restaurant feast on election night.
4. Lunch at Cafe Olivette. Their special was pepperoni mushroom lasagna, with a choice of soup or salad. I didn’t feel like having either of those so I opted for french fries.
5. Midnight loves to drink water from the tap. So cute.
6. My drive home is 37 miles – which for the most part really sucks. But there are days where I get to view amazing sunsets like this one and it’s not so bad. I actually stopped in the middle of the road to take this picture (I was on a back road, no worries).
7. Gushers for breakfast y’all!
8. Me pretending to be some sort of model at work. I was rather pleased with my hair and outfit for the day. My top is from Torrid.
9. Added some polka dots to my nails for a little fun.
10. Watching videos on YouTube with the captions turned on can be quite hilarious, demonstrated by the video of Marvo from The Impulsive Buy.
11. Yet another amazing sunset on my drive home.
12. I finally found the Pumpkin Pie Spice Pringles after searching forever! See what I thought of them here.
13. TOEJAM AND EARL ON XBOX LIVE. YESSSSSSSSS!
14. My awesome Holiday Pie from McDonald’s.
Working on a project that I hope to post tomorrow!
Got both Xbox 360s back from the repair shop! Also treated myself to some new books.
My awesome new desktop at work from pixelgirlpresents.com
Just a random scrunchy face and playing with the Frank Said What app – currently free in the Apple app store.
An awesome new game that I have been playing that challenges you to build various items with legos, and snap pics for points. It’s really addicting.
Another shot of my Halloween nails and playing The Unfinished Swan on the PS3 (which I finished in approximately 3 hours)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
You know how I was really excited about playing Happy Wars on Friday? That all changed very quickly. Richard downloaded it on his 360 first, and when we went to start playing it, it froze. Richard turned off his Xbox and started it up again to find that be had got the dreaded Red Ring of Death. He said its happened to him before and didn’t seem that phased by it (though if I were him, I’d be freaking out). I told him to pop his hard drive into my 360 and we could play it on mine until we figure out what we were going to do. So, he popped his hard drive into my Xbox and powered it on, greeted by… Red Ring of Death?!
I figured it was just a fluke thing and maybe it was just his hard drive, swapped them out, but with no luck. Crapola. I frantically called Microsoft and they said it most likely was not caused by the hard drive swap, and that I just have bad luck. But, they would be more than happy to fix both of our out of warranty systems (his being an original 360 and mine being an elite) for the tune of $99 dollars a piece and 4 – 6 weeks. Uh, thanks but no thanks.
After searching the Internet high and low, I found a local place that specializes in electronics repair and would fix and upgrade our systems for $45 a piece and had a 1 day turn around time, definitely more my style. Sadly they are closed on Sunday – so we anticipate getting them back tomorrow. I can’t wait.
Eating my feelings at Burger King – when did this place start sucking so bad?
A view from my rear view mirror on my drive to work and the awesometext messages I have to decode from my boss.
Delicious tomato soup and bread from Boudin’s SF
A lackluster turkey pesto panini I had from Cafe Olivetti in Yuba City, CA.and a delicious pumpkin ooey gooey bar from The Cookie Tree inYuba City, CA.
My junk food stash
Having a bad hair day and rocking my Finn Adventure Time hatand bringing home donuts for the fam.