It is no secret that I am some what of a nerd. I have written about all kinds of nerdy fandoms here and on other blogs that would further cement this fact. Instead of my normal rambling on about what game I am currently obsessed with, I thought I would put together a handy list of geekery that I am either watching, playing, working on, etc.
- I purchased my first copy of a Grand Theft Auto game. Now let’s not confuse this and jump to the conclusion that I have never played a Grand Theft Auto game, because that is not the case, but after watching Richard drive around Los Santos, I really wanted to play it for myself. I am about 10 hours in and so far really enjoying it – though I have come to the conclusion that I really suck at driving.
- I also started playing Lego Hobbit from the beginning. This is some what of a daunting task, but at least this time around I will get trophies on my gamer tag.
- I started playing my character again in Torchlight on my 360 in attempt to pacify my love of dungeon crawl games now that I am not playing Diablo III anymore until there is an update. About a week and half or so ago after entering into the second act with Richard, his game froze corrupting all of his game data, causing his character to become obsolete. Not wanting my monk to suffer the same fate, I have put off playing until Blizzard puts out an update (as I have read that this has happened to other people online) Back to Torchlight. Torchlight and I broke up a while back (see here) but we are talking things out and have been going on a few outings. The only reason why I am playing really is to get the last achievement I am missing for the game which is achieving maximum fame in the game. I was SO close on my last character that it is almost heartbreaking to have to start all over again.
- If you are into Disney Infinity and you have reserved the new figures coming out, just a heads up that on Monday, GameStop announced a GameStop exclusive Limited Edition Jack Skellington piece that comes with a graveyard case. The upgrade is only a few more dollars and I was able to switch it over in a few seconds. I also have all of the other upcoming pieces reserved as well as the series 2 power discs. Where am I going to put all this stuff?!
- A couple friends and I have started a Disney social club that we are really excited about – once we get a few more details hammered out I will post about it over here, but lets just say, I am pretty stoked on our jacket back patches right now and our upcoming visit to Disney in January.
- While I understand the features of the new Steam controller that was announced, that thing is all kinds of horrible looking. Same can be said for the Nintendo 2DS, which if I didn’t know better, I would have thought was some cruel super late April Fools joke from Nintendo.
- And last but not least, I am currently lusting over this Game Boy luggage over on Think Geek right now. If I didn’t think it would make me a prime target to have my luggage stolen, I might consider the 70 dollar price tag. Do. Want.
(image copyright Rockstar Games)